What is ClickBank ?
ClickBank is a privately held Internet retailer of both physical and digital products. ClickBank was founded in 1998. The platform is more of a marketplace for product creators and affiliates to make money together without cumbersome paperwork or agreements.
ClickBank aims to serve as a connection between digital content creators (also known as vendors) and affiliate marketers, who then promote them to consumers. ClickBank’s technology aids in payments, tax calculations and a variety of customer service tasks. Through its affiliate network, ClickBank also assists in building visibility and revenue-generating opportunities for time-strapped entrepreneurs.
As an affiliate marketer, you can join, create your unique affiliate links for thousands of products and start pushing traffic right away. You will also see your earnings in real time.
What are the pros and cons of ClickBank?
Before signing up it is important to know what are the drawbacks and benefits. So, firstly let’s figure out what are the pros:
- Highly paid offers (75% commission is common)
- You can sell in most countries
- Several recurring offers to sell, for ongoing income
- Takes the tech out of the way
And here are the cons:
- Lots of shitty products & sales pages
- Lots of competition on popular products
- Hard to tell what does well without investing traffic
- High costs associated to the e-commerce platform
Tips on how to get started
The best way to get started on ClickBank is to start as an affiliate, promoting pages that have already been optimized, in order to build your sales funnels. picking the right product to promote on ClickBank is extremely important. No matter how good you are at promoting, if you push traffic to a sales page that doesn’t sell, you will not make much money.
What is a great product to promote?
Here are the things we look for when it comes to screening offers to promote:
- Low cost initial offer with up to 3 upsales
- Video sales pages & “native” sales pages (pages that feel like content)
- Products with good reviews online (low refunds = more money and less list burnout)
- Gravity above 20 (means that the page converts fairly well)
The ways how to get money from ClickBank
Start with pre selling
You need to give people valid reasons why they should buy the product and if you can be that 3rd party giving a recommendation, your conversion rates will 5-10x very often
Direct linking / banners
This one is the most common and very often least profitable. The tactic is simple. Find a somewhat related article on your site and slap a banner on the sidebar or in the middle of the article, without any form of pre selling the product specifically.
In content links
In content links are usually in line recommendations that are embedded directly in the text. The recommendation often comes from the voice of the author and if they’ve done a good job building trust throughout the article/post, the conversion rates will be decent.
Review traffic is extremely targeted and people landing on your page have a very high chance to buy.
If your review doesn’t look completely biased, there’s a good chance they’ll trust you and click through your link to buy the product.
Building a Value Oriented Media Funnel
- You keep your front end clean of commercial offers meaning you can get tons of links/shares etc.
- You can target viral topics or high traffic keywords related to the problems the offer solves meaning there’s no traffic problem.
- It can run 100% without PPC, if that’s not your thing (many of those run purely on organic for us)
- You’re building an email list meaning that you own the audience. This means that you can sell more things to them once they reach your main list, and the value of your media property is greatly increased and compounds over time.
Traffic & content
Three things to do to go after traffic:
SEO – If you’re going to create content, you might as well optimize it for search engines.
Facebook – Pretty much all audiences are on Facebook and you can get very cheap traffic. You can build a big fan page, engage it and drive traffic through organic reach.
Content distribution networks – this tactic is very popular. This works especially well if you’re covering a widespread issue.
Create a complementary piece of content to the article. This way, the people that were engaged enough to read until the end will most likely want to trade their email for more.
Thank you page & offer
You need to redirect people to a thank you page where you can (finally) promote your offer. While promoting the offer it is important to “bridge” the offer with the lead magnet.
Email marketing is a way to expose people to the offer again in case they didn’t buy and take your time to convince them that it’s what they need.
The process is fairly simple and after a bit of optimization you’ll be able to let it run as people get out of your retargeting list after a bit.
When you have done several steps you need to expand the initial funnel. Simply you need to include:
- Creating more SEO content around more keywords related to the product you’re selling.
- Link building your existing content to improve its rankings.
- Using paid social to grow the traffic to your content.
- Expanding your autoresponder from 3 to 12-15 emails to increase sales.
- A/B test your pop ups and opt ins to increase opt in rate.
Owning the offer
When you’ve reached a certain scale, it’s time to start considering swapping the affiliate offer with your own offer.
This will allow you to keep all the money coming in and control things such as:
- The upsales
- The sales page
- Being able to buy traffic directly to your sales pages
- Have affiliates make money for you by promoting your product
ClickBank is a great, simple place to generate much more revenue. These ways on how to get money from ClickBank can help you learn how to use monetization methods beneficially.